Edited by Jim Godbolt throughout its run, we are grateful to him for making the entire series available to us. We are also grateful to Ronnie Scott's Jazz Club.
A beautiful book of highights from the magazine was published in 2009 to celebrate the Club's 50th anniversary - Ronnie Scott's Jazz Farrago.
Jim Godbolt by Trog
Jim Godbolt is a jazz writer and historian, born 5 October 1922 in Sidcup, Kent, England. During a varied career in the music business, Godbolt has worked as concert-promoter, manager to British jazz musicians, film consultant, broadcaster and compiler of album liner notes.
He has edited a number of jazz journals, including Jazz Illustrated, from 1950-51, 100 Club News, from 1979-84 and from 1980-2006 "Jazz at Ronnie Scott's". Jim has also written for a number of newspapers and periodicals, including Harpers & Queen and Melody Maker.
His books include:
- Ronnie Scott's Jazz Farrago;
- A History of Jazz in Britain 1919-1950;
- A History of Jazz in Britain 1950-1970;
- All This and 10%;
- All This and Many a Dog;
- The World of Jazz in Printed Ephemera and Collectibles
Jazz at Ronnie Scott's Archive - latest issues
- JARS 111 - March/April 1998
- JARS 118 - May/June 1999
- JARS 139 - November/December 2002
- JARS 140 - January/February 2003
- JARS 141 - March/April 2003