Jazz Services will once again be taking a stand at JazzAhead in 2013 to represent Jazz in the UK.
The stand this year will be divided into four sections - three small booths and a meetings area with tables and chairs.
One booth is for Jazz Services.
One is for The Scottish Jazz Federation.
One is for Whirlwind Records.
Jazz Services has a limited budget for the stand and we are hopeful that UKTI will look favourably on our application once again and help with the direct costs of booking the stand. The Scottish Jazz Federation will also be contributing to the costs. However, not all of the costs can be met through the UKTI contribution so this year again we will be asking co-exhibitors who wish to hold meetings at the stand to make a small contribution.
The cost of this will be £30 + VAT per person.
- A discount on the registration fee as co-exhibitor
- A 30% discount on the Matchmaking sessions (35€ + 19% VAT instead of 50€ + 19% VAT).
- Use of the tables and chairs in the meetings area for your meetings at Jazzahead. (Only those making the contribution will have access to this area.)
- Storage of business cards and small brochures on the JazzUK stand which will be handed out to people enquiring about your services. Our international and touring manager Anne Rigg will be heading a team manning this stand.
- JazzUK will be featuring Jazzahead in the April/May issue and will include some information on the bands and organisations involved.
- A special brochure on British Jazz will be produced for Jazzahead which will include your details and will be handed out at the event (approx. 1000 copies).
- Your company name.
- Web address.
- Email address.
- Phone number.
- Logo as hi-res .JPG file (at least 300dpi).
- A brief description of what you do and who you represent.
JazzUK will be offering an exclusive 10% discount on all adverts over one quarter of a page in the April/May issue to all those making a £30 contribution. Discounts will apply on the following rates:
- Full page £500 (previously £450)
- Half page £300 (£270)
- Quarter page £200 (£180)
- Inside front or back £600 (£540)
- Back cover £700 (£630)
For more details on advertising contact: Fran Hardcastle on 07907 569946 or e-mail to both of the addresses below:
We will also be keeping everyone informed about developments via the website. If you would like to be part of the stand please let us know as soon as possible by filling in the Participation Form. Once you have signed up you will be entitled to all of the above benefits.
The Participation Form can be downloaded below – please complete and return as directed on the form.
Each year, Jazz Services takes a stand at the JazzAhead! conference in Bremen, Germany, representing the UK jazz scene alongside other organisations such as the Scottish Jazz Federation, Basho, JazzUK and Jazzwise. We would encourage anyone who is looking to develop their career in Europe to come to this show, which has become the biggest and most important trade event in jazz anywhere in the world.
This long-running event features a series of showcases, with four running in 2013 - one for Israeli bands (Israel is the partner country for 2013), one for German bands, one for overseas (non-European) bands and one for European bands.
JazzAhead! 2013 will be running from Thursday 25th April - Sunday 28th April, with the European showcases on the 27th. Any exhibitor (or co-exhibitor - see below) can apply for a showcase, but you must have booked a stand.
Co-exhibiting with Jazz Services
Any English organisation - artists, bands, labels, agents, distributors, PRs, etc. - is welcome to register itself as a co-exhibitor of Jazz Services and apply individually for a showcase, for the cost £30 +VAT (payable to Jazz Services). This cost is in addition to the registration fee, but that will be reduced when co-exhibiting with Jazz Services. There are several advantages of this, including:
- Reduced registration fee of €105 +VAT (usually €130 +VAT)
- A 30% discount on the Matchmaking sessions (35€ + 19% VAT instead of 50€ + 19%VAT).
- Use of the tables and chairs in the meetings are for your meetings at Jazzahead. Only those making the contribution will have access to this area.
- Inclusion in the brochure.
- The opportunity to submit your band for a showcase (you will still need to apply for this separately - see below).
- Jazz Services can arrange for daily internet Wifi passes.
- Your brochures displayed on Jazz Services' stand.
- Invitation to our reception event.
There is also the option of sharing a small separate stand with up to two other exhibitors. The cost of this is an additional £200.
Scottish organisations are invited to contact the Scottish Jazz Federation for similar opportunities on their stand.
Our stand number is G01 - G07.
* * Please note that JazzAhead! showcases cannot be applied for via Jazz Services in 2013. JazzAhead! showcases must applied for directly by individuals via the JazzAhead! website: http://www.jazzahead.de/en/register-now/showcase-application/
Competition for showcases is fierce. Last year there were just 14 showcases selected from 350 submissions. Any band selected will be expected to fund the cost of attending the showcase including travel, hotels and subsistence themselves. It will be up to the bands to try and secure funding if they are unable to fund themselves to get to the event. Showcases run from 2 p.m. and are typically 30 minutes in length. Do not apply unless you are available to attend on that day and are ready to do business in Europe.
The cost of registering as a co-exhibitor in 2012 was 130 Euros plus 19% VAT. This is considerably less than booking your own stand, but is slightly more than the delegate fee.
If you do not succeed with your showcase you will still be liable for this cost.
Please note that registration as a co-exhibitor in no way qualifies you for your own space on the stand. However if you do succeed with your showcase application we will do our best to support you on the stand.
Registration for showcases in 2013 closes on 31st October 2012.
Please visit the JazzAhead! website for more details: http://www.jazzahead.de