Jazz Services International Showcase/Performance Opportunities for Bands Resident in UK
Jazz Services are inviting artists and bands resident in the UK to register their interest in international work and international showcasing opportunities that may occur from time to time. To do this you will need to register your interest with Jazz Services - this does not guarantee that your band will be successful in any selection process.
Please note that here at Jazz Services we do not select bands to perform at showcases. However, we do put forward bands and artists to the relevant selection panels and we welcome submissions from interested parties.
Selections will be made by an impartial and independent panel of experts, often in conjunction with the festival director and/or funding bodies involved. Funding can vary hugely and selected bands will usually have to fund some of the costs of the showcase/appearance themselves.
We expect artists to have given serious consideration to what they hope to achieve from international showcase or festival appearances.
How To Apply:
You will need to meet the following criteria:
- Be resident in the UK (majority of band members)
- Have a product i.e. current CD or digital release
- Be market ready in performance and presentation
- Have a significant and demonstrable profile in
- Have support from an agent/manager/label or be capable of managing these functions yourself
- Have a clear rationale for wishing to build your international profille
If you are interested you will be required to provide an EPK (electronic press kit) with the following:
- 3 MP3s of your music (each piece to be around 5 minutes, with the 3 files totalling approx. 15MB in size)
- Artist/Band biography as a single Word document (.doc/.docx) or PDF (.pdf)
- Individual biographies for each band member in a single Word document or PDF
- Any press cuttings and reviews in a single Word document or PDF
- Hi-Res photograph in .jpg format (300 dpi). (No PDFs please)
- Full contact details for the band
- A statement of intent for your inclusion in the showcase - what you hope to achieve, how it will help your career and so on.
Please make sure all your files indicate the artist/band name in the title. Failure to provide the required information and materials in the required format could result in your application being rejected.
If you also have a current CD, you are welcome to post it the Jazz Services offices as well.
Ensure your email states that you are applying for international showcases, including the specific showcase if applicable (i.e. Made In The UK 2013).
How to create a .ZIP file:
On a PC: Place all of your MP3s, biographies, press cuttings, photo and document with your objectives in international work into a folder with you or your band‚Äôs name. Once you have placed all of the information into a folder right click on that folder and choose ‚ÄúSend to‚ÄĚ and then ‚ÄúCompressed (zipped) folder‚ÄĚ. Attached the resulting zipped folder to your email. Please make sure that your e-mail clearly identifies who you are and how to contact you.
On a Mac: Right-click or hold "Ctrl" and click the file or folder of files you have selected. Choose "Compress" from the pop-up menu. The text in quotes following the word "Compress" shows the name of the file or folder of files you are about to compress. You can also reach the Compress option by clicking "File" in the menu bar and choosing "Compress" from the drop-down menu.
If your email bounces:
Email providers may have a limit on the size of email they can send or receive. If your email bounces back for that reason, try these options:
- Try using an online file transfer service such as YouSendIt or WeTransfer
- Provide URLs where the tracks are on a web site for us to download
- Refer us to a storage area where we can download the files (please give username and password)
- Save the audio files at a lower quality
- Try and send each audio file in separate emails
You may find the following links helpful:
www.pdfonline.com - converts word docs to pdfs
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ - free programme that converts music files to MP3s
* Please note: music submitted to Jazz Services Ltd as part of an application will be distributed to the various selection and judging panels via a secure and private Soundcloud link. By submitting your music as part of your application, you are giving Jazz Services Ltd permission to share your music in this way and confirming that you have all legal rights and permissions necessary to upload, publish and share this material on SoundCloud.