Jazz Services International Work
Jazz Services has played an important role in promoting British jazz overseas and in supporting and advising artists, managers and agents as they look to develop their careers in international markets. We do this by partnering with funders and industry experts at a range of events, festivals and showcases worldwide. The bands showcased are of the highest quality and reflect our rich and diverse jazz scene, and artists interested in submitting themselves for consideration for these opportunities can do so by following the instructions on our International Showcases page.
Highlights have been:
- The largest ever presentation of British jazz overseas at the IAJE conference in Toronto in 2008;
- ‘Made in the UK’ – an annual concert series of nine bands at Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival and major NYC venues in collaboration with promoters ESIP
- The annual British jazz stand at the Jazz Ahead conference in Bremen
- 15 bands showcased at the Europe Jazz Network (EJN) General Assembly in Glasgow in collaboration with Glasgow International Jazz Festival
- French-British networking meeting for jazz professionals including performances by English bands at the Banlieues Bleues Festival in Paris with UKTI and the bureau export
- 7 English jazz concerts at the Dubai Jazz Festival in February 2011 with extra concerts in Kuwait with support from the British Council.
Additionally, our International Blog will feature advice and information on the advantages and pitfalls to be aware of when considering international touring whether you are a musician, agent or manager.
Anne Rigg (Touring & International Manager) explains Jazz Services' International work: